ANN believes that transportation is critical to the “Nigerian Economy that Works for All”. ANN believes that when the underlying strategy on transportation is integrated into ANN-led ‘unite and inspire’, transportation will create the ‘pipelines’ that constantly connects cultures and peoples to improve understanding and to share values among Nigerians.
ANN also believes that Nigeria’s Transportation Strategy has to be catalytic of value chains of local and international trade and investments that will create decent tax-paying jobs and businesses, and achieve inclusive economic growth to return on investments. Also, ANN believes that transportation will link people and markets in Nigeria, to people and markets in Africa and the world, and is critical to:
- promoting and selling Nigerian Culture to the rest of the world for diverse tourism intentions;
- strengthening socio-cultural ties with the rest of the world to promote Nigeria’s Worldview and Foreign Policy;
- facilitating Trade and Investment;
- linking local value chains in Nigeria to the world;
- creating millions of tax-paying jobs and businesses; and
- growing a more diversified and inclusive economy for all
ANN government will work with all relevant stakeholders (States and LGAs, the Legislature, MDAs, Trade Unions, CBN, Universities, private businesses, etc.) to improve the performance of the transportation sector by prioritising the:
- Facilitation, design and development of a multimodal and integrated transportation system that runs on time, is safe and comfortable, to keep Nigerians moving and connected within Nigeria and the rest of the world; and that provides the arterial supports for the movement of goods across Nigeria and the world.
- Facilitation and investment in:
- Local Manufacturing for Transportation
- Workforce for Transportation
- Right-Financing for Transportation
- Transportation Safety and Security
- Energy for Transportation
- Partnership for Transportation
- Policing for Transportation
- Establishment of standards that are appropriate to our local cultures and level of development, but are forward-looking, in support of our social and economic objectives and goals; and to ensure compliance to the design and construction of roads by types and usage; and transportation operating code for: highways and feeder roads; railway; airports; seaports and waterways; cable; etc., for the safety of Nigerians, durability, and the transfer of skills and technology.
- Facilitation and collaboration with partners to establish Regional Transportation Hubs in each of the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria to link our people and goods to markets.
- Facilitation and collaboration with partners in the transformation of the Regional Transportation Hubs into International Transportation Hubs connecting Nigeria’s major airports by rail and road; and to the world as destinations and transits supported by aero-polis (as small-cities) supported by value chains of hospitality, financial, residential and retail of goods and services.
- Launch a campaign and programme to link all parts of Nigeria – states, cities, towns, villages and houses; by air, rail, sea and road transport – to keep Nigeria moving, connected and working; and supporting domestic and international tourism and decent tax-paying jobs and businesses.
- Facilitation and improving the quality of inter-state, inter-city and intra-city public and private transportation for appropriate regulation and investments to expose and strengthen value chains in services such as the:
- Operations of Coaches, Buses and Minibuses
- Vehicles Importation, Sales and Transfer of Ownership
- Vehicle Licensing
- Driving Schools and Licencing
- Vehicle Servicing and Maintenance
These areas of the Transportation Sector require organisation by the Ministry of Transport, leading from in-front, and have huge potential for growth to create millions of tax-paying jobs and businesses, ensuring efficient and inclusive local economies that work for all Nigerians.
Transforming the Administrative State
We are inspired by the resilience and the illimitable spirit of Nigerians, who remain faithful and committed to our country, and are driving the momentum for real change.